CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

As Promised

Click to play Europe
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

I mentioned in an earlier blog that I would inform you all of my recent trip to France and Turkey. Here it goes... It was a very eventful 2 weeks. I arrived in Paris on Monday and met up with Scott's Aunt Gayla and her roommate Teresa. We had a rental car and drove to Normandy. We visited the sites of D-Day. This was a bit emotional. It put it all into prospective and made you realize the sacrifice that was made that day. We then traveled to Mount St. Michelle. This was by far my favorite place in France. It is an island built on a rock. Our hotel, the food, cobble stone walkways, and the view were all PERFECT! From there we traveled to Versailles to find the castle closed. This was a bummer but we were able to walk the beautiful grounds. In the grounds there was a little Swiss village that had darling little homes. In one of the pictures you will notice that would fit right in with my midget-like physique! We then spent the rest of the week in Paris. We visited Notre Dame, Arc De Triumph, Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysee, the Louvre and any where else the Open Bus Tour took us. Scott's mom, sister's Cally and Breanne met up with us our last day in Paris. That Sunday we flew to Istanbul. I loved Istanbul! We stayed at Hotel Empress Zoe. Our hotel was a restored Turkish Bath. During our stay in Istanbul we went shopping, visited the Blue Mosque, went shopping, visited Hagia Sophia, went on a boat to the Black sea, shopped, visited the Asia side of Istanbul, went to the Turkish Bath, saw the Whirling Dervishes, and shopped some more. Oh ya, I forgot to mention Breanne got her first kiss!!! (See earlier post). We meet many people along the way including: P-sticks, C-wrap, T- Bags, and T-guide. Being in a Muslim area, we woke each morning to the call of prayer. This happened many times through out the day as well. It was amazing to witness a different culture. I loved it! It was a lot of fun but I am glad to be home. I missed Scotty and being back to normal. This post doesn't do it justice so I think we all should take a trip there so I can show you what I am talking about!! More on the blacksters later...

3 comments:

Sarah B said...

Awesome!! I loved all your pictures. I especially loved Mount St. Michelle. Beautiful! Did Scott chew off his finger for food?

Matich and Amber said...

Kam great pics, we are so jealous! They all seem like amazing places. Great dinner, lets do it again soon!

Megan said...

Holy smokes...Sounds and looks amazing. I just read a book about Turkey and now it's my new destination of choice.