CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 10, 2011

I finally found the culprit....

So today, along with the last month, has been a busy one. Which means Matix has been spending a lot of time getting into things and doing lots of naughtiness! Last week he managed to cover his entire room with Vaseline including his himself. It took 6 washed with baking soda to get it out of his hair. We are still finding Vaseline randomly throughout his room... I was so mad at him that unfortunately I don't have any pictures. To top it all off Scott was away on a business trip and when I text him the news he responded "HA HA that sucks!". He was so thoughtful and endearing...

So I have to back up a little. When Matix was 18 months old, my wedding ring some how disappeared. Matix was in the stage of throwing things away and I thought for sure my ring had made it to the garbage. Scott would always defend Matix and look at me as if I was just shifting blame and avoiding responsibility for my careless actions. Well fortunately, I had insurance on my ring so I was able to replace it.

Now back to today... I was busy getting our house ready to sale and Matix had been in and out of the bathroom. Having the experience with Vaseline last week, we were not going to have the toothpaste next. I heard something drop in the garbage and told him to get out. Being too busy, I didn't go look at what had gone in the garbage. An hour later, I went to use the toilet. I happened to look down in the garbage and there it was... my new wedding ring! Matix had attempted yet another disposal of my ring but luckily was unable to accomplish his task. I happily told Scott of what HIS "innocent" son had done. Scott didn't have much to say but by the look in his face I know he was thinking "YOU WERE RIGHT"...

It's too bad that I love that kid so much or else... Let's be honest, what could you do to a kid this cute???

2 comments:

Brian and Lindsey said...

That sucks that he threw away your first ring. London's been throwing everything away too-wonder if it's somehow in the genes:) Hope Vaseline got left out if her genetic makeup!

rach said...

Oh you gotta love little boys!!!! Ha ha ha