CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Life is Precious

This week has been a difficult one for many reasons. I have been reminded of how precious life is and how important it is that we stay connected with each other. Yesterday was my brother Clark's birthday and although I miss him so much, I am reminded of all the great things he did in his life. Clark was always concerned about others and their needs. He would have given the shirt on his back if you asked. He took care of my Grandfather in the last days of his battle with cancer. He would take him to his doctor appointments with no complaint even though my Grandpa was unable to walk on his own. Clark made sacrifices for many people and was always looking for a way to serve. We love and miss you much!
I pray that those who also lost a family member this week may remember all the great things they accomplished in their life and celebrate the short time they did have with them. More on the blacksters later...

3 comments:

andersons said...

That was really nice. Life is precious and for some it is way too short- we love you guys. Trent and Cally

lizdye said...

I hope you are having a better week. I love ya and as the Indigo Girls say, "what it takes to cross the great divide, seems more than all the courage I can muster up inside. But, when we get to have some answers once we reach the other side, the prize is always worth the rocky ride!"

Kim C said...

Kami, I want you to know what high regard I have always held you in. I haven't seen you for what seems like ages, but you were always so much fun. I always adored you! I'm so glad to be able to keep up with you on your blog. I have thought of you often over the years, and I remember the day you lost your sweet brother. I am still so sorry for your loss, and appreciate your remarks on remembering just how precious life is. You continue to amaze me through your posts! It sounds like you are doing great things!