CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Its official


I officially have a BELLY! It could be from all the food that I have been enjoying over the holiday season OR maybe our baby is growing! It is probably a mixture. We meet with a Doula (a labor coach) tomorrow to see if we want to have her help us with the delivery. If any of you have ever heard of a Doula or used one please give me some pointers. It sounds like a good idea but not sure it will be necessary. A week from tomorrow we go in for our first ultrasound!!! I can hardly wait. We will find out what we are having and if our fetus is developing like it should... I think fetus is the most fitting name?!

I hope all of you enjoyed your holiday season- We sure did! Happy New Year to all of you and hope 2009 brings joy and happiness to each of you! More on the blacksters later...

12 comments:

Ford Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ford Family said...

I love your belly, so cute. Enjoy every minute, because you really do forget. Happy New Year!

Shay Brackney said...

So - not to sound like a blog "stalker"...I noticed yours on Sara's and wanted to offer congratulations...and though I know you're going to be one of those really beautiful, adorable pregnant people...I'm super happy for you guys! It was great meeting you while you were here!

Shay

Jess and Heather said...

So cute! You're beautiful Kams!

Kim C said...

Adorable!!

Matich and Amber said...

So cute! I am so excited to know....girl or boy...yeah! Hope you guys had lovely holiday celebrations. love your guts.

rach said...

your hott u look so cute!!!!! Enjoy it it's so fun to have that connection with your bambino !!! Let's get toegther and play! Love u!

Hofhine Fam said...

So Cute!! I really miss ya. I cant wait to know what your little one is going to be. Let us know.

CKB said...

I thought about using a doula because my plan was to go au natural. So I met with a couple different ones and also talked to my doctor and nurse about using one. Something you will want to ask the doula is if she works well with the doctors and nurses. I have heard of some doula's who take charge and cause some angst between the hospital staff and the doula. You also want to make sure that she will help your husband know what to do so that he can be a part of the birth. That was what I wanted, was someone to tell Cory what to do and how to do it to help me. A doula is mostly helpful if you want to go natural and have a specific birth plan you want to do because they will deal with the hospital staff so you can get exactly the birth you want. A lot of the time the hospital staff will want to hurry things up or do different things and the doula will be there to keep your best intrest at heart. However, you will find that a lot of doula's are very "hocus pocus-y". After meeting with a couple of them, we decided to not use one. So make sure you look up several doulas and choose the one you get along with most and choose the one who is most like you. I wrote a blog about my doula experience, you should read it. It will prepare you for some of the weirdo's you might come across! Good luck!

Sarah B said...

Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl! You look great!

CKB said...

Here is my doula blog.
http://chelseabagozzi.blogspot.com/2007/10/ting-ting-and-female-preisthood.html

Also, read the book "The Bradley Method" it will be great for Scott and will help him be able to help you.

Brooke said...

Lookin' cute!