CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Monkey is 2!!!


This was my little monkey 2 years ago... He was such a beautiful baby! He was so obedient, he didn't talk back, he liked to cuddle, and was so easy to please (eat, poop, and sleep)...


Just another example of what life was like 2 years ago... NOW...

He is just as handsome, likes to talk back, is obedient most of the time, cuddles if he's hurt or really really tired, and most the time I have to put on a clown act to get him to eat! BUT I wouldn't trade it for the world! He is the best thing that's happen to us and I can't believe he is 2! TEAR!

So of course we had to have a PARTY! Scott said it was over the top and that I was trying to compensate for something that I didn't have or something along those lines (blah blah blah) BUT the truth is Matix loves Pirates and the party was a hit!


This is his cousin Owen. They were born 31 hours apart. Happy Birthday Owen! (Notice the Pirate tattoo... You can't have a pirate party without the obvious!)



Scott and I thought it was time to get him a basketball hoop since every time we exit our home he heads straight for our neighbors hoop. We also spent a lot of time wrapping it... can you tell?!

Lots of swimming... It was so cold though that most of the kids lips were purple at some point. We tried but the weather didn't want to help us out.


The cake... I spent all day making this stupid thing! It was fun but I was having flashbacks of a traumatic childhood memory when my Mom agreed to make a wedding cake for someone and we were hiding in the kitchen when they arrived to get it because it looked so horrible. I think me and my sisters were all in tears and made my Mom promise to never agree to do that again... Anyone need a wedding cake??? I know someone...

Matix just kept picking at the cake and licking his finger... after all it was HIS birthday! I love his face in this picture.

Overall, my little monkey is getting so big, the party was over the top, and my next kid will likely not receive the same treatment!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATIX!!!! LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

andersons said...

We like that at least someone does an over the top party. Then we can come and enjoy and eat good food :).

Jess and Heather said...

I can't believe he is 2!! What a cutie!! Miss you guys!

lizdye said...

OH my heck he is so big! And so handsome. And your cake is amazing. Love ya!